High-solids, high-build, slip resistant epoxy protective
coating for tough industrial, marine and offshore environments. These coatings are especially formulated to
solve complex slip injury problems, with minimal surface preparation. These coatings are designed to permit
application directly to tightly adhering rust and intact old paint without blast cleaning.
With its blend of penetrants and surface tension-control agents, ES-83TM has superior wetting action and creates
a tight bond. The result is a tough, durable coating with excellent resistance to weather, moisture, sunlight
and chemical fumes. The low-solvent formula will typically not lift or wrinkle old paint, and it is also an
excellent direct-to-metal protective coating for new, unpainted surfaces. It meets existing VOC regulations,
and it even meets requirements for drinking water and indirect food contact.
For durable anti-slip protection in a variety of industrial settings, and for every maintenance painting job.
A tough coating that seals and protects in just one application, it is an excellent all-in-one primer and
topcoat for new and existing floors in industrial facilities and exterior weathered exposure. It resists high
humidity and moisture, and is compatible with prepared damp surfaces when pre-application blasting is impractical
ES-83TM cures through wide temperature range, and is available in a variety of colors. It is a self-priming topcoat
over most existing coatings. Its chemical resistance to splash/spillage and fumes makes ES-83TM an excellent choice
for a wide variety of general maintenance applications.
Fast drying time - dry to touch in as few as two hours at 70ºF (21ºC) and recoat in three hours.
Offers the least amount of odor, low temperature cure down to 0ºF (-18ºC), superior chemical resistance
and qualities, such as high surface tolerance for excellent adhesion.
EPO TUFF ES-83TM Heavy Duty
High Solids 2 Part Epoxy
- Primer and topcoat in one - no downtime, less costly to apply.
- Requires minimal surface preparation especially convenient where blast cleaning is impractical.
- Can be applied over old paint and rust. Low-solvent formula penetrates to form a tight bond. Compatible
with most older coatings, as well as damp substrates.
- Application by brush, roller or spray is quick and easy. At 70°F (21°C) dries to the touch in just 2
hours. Cures to a tough, durable film that resists moisture, and chemical fumes.
- A single 5-mil (125 microns) coat delivers long-term protection compared to conventional paints that
require two or three coats and deliver short-lived protection. Can even be applied in thicknesses up to 8
mils (200 microns) in one coat - a significant advantage for coating angular surfaces.
- Can be applied in cold weather temperatures down to 40°F (4°C), even down to freezing, if the surface
is free of ice.
- Available in a large variety of standard colors.